Anyone remember seeing this video floating around the internet?
Well, we had a similar experience, just not with flour. It had been raining for about a week straight which kept us cooped up inside. As soon as the sun broke through the clouds we went out for a nature walk.
The boys seemed tired to me so I bathed them and got them ready for a nap. They were quiet so I just assumed they were sleeping. Then, I walked by their bedroom and the aroma seemed to smack me in the face. I opened the door to find two boys in a pile of Derek's poop, smearing it on the walls and carpet with their bare hands. As soon as they saw me they showed me their hands and with huge smiles on their faces exclaimed, "MOMMY!!!" As if I should be proud of their "organic" paint job. I honestly stood there for a good minute evaluating the mess and trying to figure out what I needed to do. I put the boys in the shower, got gloves on, old rags, carpet cleaner and a cloth to tie around my nose and mouth. If I had a hazmat suit I would have worn that.
I sent a text to Alan telling and showing him what had happened and, being the good man he is stopped at the store and got me my favorite chocolates, a bouquet of flowers and a card thanking me for being me and all the crap I put up with (pun intended).
Now, 2 weeks later, I can look back and laugh about it mainly because the room has been disinfected and deodorized. I think I would have preferred the flour mess.






You are an awesome mom and we love you heaps!
ReplyDelete