Monday, October 21, 2013

We love the zoo

Hello world. I know it's been awhile, but life has been quite busy. Since the last post we were able to go to the zoo. Did you know that being a Bank of America member allows us to visit the Houston Zoo for free?!? (of course, it is on certain days, but still). There are also many other places our membership allows to visit, like museums. How great is that?
Well, I decided that we needed a change in our schedule. The boys woke up around 7:30am, the morning was nice, so I packed everything up for us to go to the zoo. We had gone during the free hours during the summer, but it was so packed with people that I didn't feel like the boys really got to see much. This time we were going during school hours so I figured it wouldn't be very crowded. Let me tell you, school hours at the zoo are great! I felt like we were the only ones there. Below are a few videos and pictures I was able to capture while on our outing.

I had asked the lady to film us feeding the giraffes. I guess I forgot to tell her that I had already pushed the record button, so it wasn't captured. Here is Derek next to the giraffes.


Keith really enjoyed "visiting" with this chimpanzee. Don't mind Derek's cries in the background. He wanted to help me videotape.


This next video is one of my favorites. You can hear Keith say, "Derek, let's go". It sounds more like, "Daaarek... a go".


At the petting zoo. Keith didn't really care about it, but Derek had to pet EVERY single goat.



This tunnel was a favorite with ALL the kids. Keith and Derek kept going in it over and over again.


We had a fun-filled day at the zoo, wearing out the boys and creating memories (at least for me).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall 2019

As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...