Monday, December 8, 2014

It's great to give thanks

I am grateful for...



One of my favorite times of the year is Thanksgiving. I love seeing people expressing what they are thankful for. This year my aunt and uncle drove down from Kansas with their eight children and spent a few days here. It was so nice to catch up with them and see how much everybody is growing. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner followed a new tradition of playing BINGO. My aunt got some prizes from the dollar store and once you got a bingo you could choose from the pile of prizes. It was so much fun. We then followed that by some amazing pies. 

I love how Thanksgiving falls so close to Christmas. I feel like it really gets us more ready to share and show our gratitude for those around us and all that we have been given. There is so much for us to be thankful for and as we approach Christmas we should be remembering the first Christmas gift and express our gratitude for Him.

I invite you all to watch this video. As we have just finished our Thanksgiving and preparing for Christmas, let us remember that He is the gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall 2019

As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...