Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Philippines 2014 Part I

My sister and her husband have been living in the Philippines for the past year and a half. They have been trying to get me to go visit them for awhile and I was finally able to make the trip...SOLO! I have not travelled solo in years. It was a bit odd for me to have empty hands, but they soon became full with all the shopping I did with Tia.  My flight itinerary to the Philippines was Houston to Tokyo, then Tokyo to Manila.




One of many drawings in the Tokyo airport
Because I was in Japan I decided to
use the "Squatter"
It was actually easier than
 I thought it would be



I arrived late Wednesday night and had some jet lag to get over but that didn't stop Mason (my 5 year old nephew) from making me his morning play mate and enjoying time with Kalani making bracelets on her loom.


With Skylanders and Legos this boy is happy
After just a few hours of looming she was a pro


Later that day I was exposed to the great food the Philippines had in store for me. First up was Thai food at People's Palace later followed by gelato and the the best dessert section I've ever seen come from a McDonald's.

I don't even know all the names of the food pictured
but they were all delicious
One of my new favorite desserts.
Sticky rice topped with cream
(sweetened condensed milk?)
and fresh mangoes



This gelato stand is located in the mall attached to Matt and Tia's condo.



McDonald's in the Philippines is so much better in the states... at least the dessert section. With four different flavors for dipped cones as well as dipped cones with crispies I was in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall 2019

As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...