Since we visited the zoo so much last year, I have worked out a route that seems to do well for us allowing us (the boys) to get the most out of each visit. We Go to the Children's Zoo first where they have a petting zoo and playground. Derek loves to go to the petting zoo because he can get a brush and brush all the pigmy goats and he HAS TO brush EVERY goat. I also dress the boys in either the same or similar looking outfits to make it easier to spot them, so I apologize in advance if these photos/videos make it more difficult to tell them apart
![]() |
| Derek |
![]() |
| Keith is trying to hide from me in the petting zoo |
There were two newborn goats, Jingle and Belle. I'm not sure which one is in this video, but it's the only video I was able to get of Derek brushing the goats. It gets cut off early, which you'll be able to see why at the end.
The next place we go is to visit the African Forest and the Primates. One day we will go to feed the giraffes, but for now we just go to stand in awe of them. I guess this giraffe was tired of waiting for food and decided to get some his own way.
After the African Forest and Primates we go to see the elephants. There is a new baby elephant and we wanted to go see it, but it wasn't out. However, we did get to see a young, not a newborn, elephant. He didn't want to allow the other elephant to nap.
After the elephants we go to Natural Encounters. The boys love this place because there is a tunnel the kids can go in that is built into the aquarium. I didn't get any photos or videos of that in this trip. However, our last stop is the aquarium right at the front gate. This is our last stop before we leave. We make this the last stop because this seems to be the first place people go to since it is right at the front of the zoo. The boys love the aquarium especially since they watch "Finding Nemo". In the aquarium we found Nemo, Dory and Crush the turtle.
Keith loved seeing the turtle swimming around
This is one of Derek's favorite parts in "Finding Nemo"
So when we walked past the jellyfish this was Derek's reaction
We can hardly wait for 2015
****************************************************************************
Rather than start a new post, I'm just going to continue to add on to this post our zoo trips. We were able to spend some time with our friends Becca and Halsey and take them to the zoo with us. With 2 adults and 3 kids we weren't able to capture all the fun we had, but here are a few of the things we did with them.


















No comments:
Post a Comment