Tuesday, June 19, 2018
2016 At a Glance
2016 was a great year for us. We were able to start it off by welcoming our youngest son, Charles, on the morning of Januray 2. I had been having contractions since New Year's Eve. We went to a New Year's Party on the First. I was having contractions consistently, every 10 minutes but they didn't seem that bad... until about 9 pm when they started to get to be about 4-5 minutes apart and a lot stronger. After my aunt got to my house we went to the hospital where they measured me and saw I was already measuring at 6cm. At 4:10 am we welcomed our 9 1/2 pound baby boy. I was also able to finish up my teaching certificate and was offered a job to teach at a charter school. It was a difficult decision to go back to full-time work outside the home but we made it work. Charlie was able to get in to the same day care program Derek and Keith were in and he fit right in.
Here are some pictures from January to April, 2016
In May we got to experience our first Houston flood. School was cancelled as the roads were impassable. Luckily, and feeling blessed, we were not flooded out of our house and our cars were safe as well.
Here are a few pictures from our balcony. The water down by the mailbox went over my kneecap!
After the water receded and we got back to some sort of normal, I was able to surprise my brother, Robbie, at his graduation from USC (with the love and help from my sister and her wife, Lani and Marti). We were able to keep this secret from him until after his graduation when he saw me. We were also able to go to DisneyLand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall 2019
As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...
-
As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...
-
If you have been following this blog, then you know that yesterday was a bit rough for me. I ended up ordering pizza for dinner (in case any...
-
I have been a little hesitant in deciding whether or not to post this and finally decided to do it. I am going to be very open with yo...






















No comments:
Post a Comment