Monday, August 4, 2014

Philippines Part VII - Visiting with BYUH friends and everything else

While I was at school at Brigham Young Univeristy - Hawaii (BYUH) I was able to befriend Jerryl and Kei Espi, although they weren't married at that time. After Matt and Tia had moved to the Philippines they told me they ran into them and I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with them while I was there. They took me to the American Cemetery, a cupcake shop, and a restaurant. It was very nice of them to take the time out of their day to spend with me and show me around.

This was only one small portion of the cemetery.
It really blew my mind to see how many crosses there were.



 There were about 24 signs like this showing different routes and battle plans





 The four cupcakes we chose:
2 Cookies N Cream
1 Red Velvet
1 PB and Nutella



The owner, Mary Grace, is still
alive and customer write her letters
telling her how much they enjoyed
their stay and food.




Thank you so much Espi Family

Some other things we did while I was there was watch a few games of Matt's basketball games, visit with a cousin, Marites, and eat one of the best desserts ever: Mango Float.

Tia taping Matt's ankle at 39 weeks

We saw this car's license plate so I took a photo for Tia
Our cousin Marites


All the ingredients for Mango Float
It's basically layers of cream, graham crackers and mango,
although the mangoes in the Philippines are better than in the states.
On my last night there baby Blake decided he wanted to make his entrance to our world. I was not able to meet him because I had to go catch my flight, but I was able to be at the hospital with Matt and Tia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall 2019

As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...