Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sick Happens

Well, the past few weeks have been a load of fun... NOT. Our summer semester ended on August 31 which gave us a week break before Fall semester started. I had all these plans to take the boys to the beach, catch up on leisure reading, clean house etc, but guess what happened

SICK HAPPENED
I was sick for the WHOLE week! I guess the beach wasn't meant to be. I got better and was excited to get started on homework and try to get ahead in my classes, but what happened....?
SICK HAPPENED....AGAIN
However, this time is was me... it was the boys. We took them to the beach then shortly after that they both had runny noses, then Derek wakes up crying and sweaty. I take his temperature and it is 101.4 F. I tried not to worry too much over it, but was still concerned, especially since this is the first time for him to be sick. His fever was gone in 24 hours then he developed a really nasty cough that sounds like an old man battling emphysema. And sometime he coughs so much that he ends up throwing up his food... Yeah... being a mom is great in times like these. The day after Derek's fever is gone Keith wakes up in  a pool of his own sweat with a temperature of 103 F. At least they are taking turns, right? Well, needless to say... our sleepless nights continue nearly 8 months and counting. I wonder what the world record is for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall 2019

As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...