Leialoha
As mentioned in a previous blog post, I, Lei, got job working for Tomball ISD as a second grade teacher. I had a great time and got really close with my co-workers. However, a job posting came up at her school. I applied, interviewed and got the job! I am now in special education as a PPCD teacher, which stands for Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities. I knew from my teenage years that I wanted to do something, somehow to help people with disabilities have more of a "voice". Here, I work with 3 and 4 year old children in more than just academics. I also get to sit in on meetings with their parents as we talk about their child's progress and create goals for them to focus on. It has been a learning curve, but I love it so much!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan
Alan is still at the middle school teaching Algebra. He still loves it and doesn't want to change what he's got.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Derek
Derek is in grade 1. His teacher is the best teacher for him this year. She is so patient and understands him so much better than I could have imagined. He is VERY literal, which she learned very quickly. If you tell him, "just a minute" then he will start counting out loud to 60. He has made quite few friends and has been requested to birthday parties of peers not in his class.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keith
Keith is also in grade 1. He and Derek have different teachers. Keith's teacher has been so good with him. She motivates him and pushes him to always do his best. He has made so much progress this year and has shown an increase in his responsibility and his abilities to focus and finish his assignments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie
Charlie is still at ELC. It is a preschool/daycare provided through Alan's school district. He has been attending there since he was 7 months old. He has made and kept so many good friends and now that he and his friends can speak clearly, it's been fun to drop off and pick up. All the kids know which child belongs to which parents so when I walk in I hear, "Charlie! You're mom is here!" from all the other children. His teachers have been so great as well. I was not planning on potty training him until this summer, but shortly after his birthday they asked that I bring in some underwear so they work on it with him. He has done so well with that and is mostly potty trained now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall 2019
As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...
-
As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...
-
If you have been following this blog, then you know that yesterday was a bit rough for me. I ended up ordering pizza for dinner (in case any...
-
I have been a little hesitant in deciding whether or not to post this and finally decided to do it. I am going to be very open with yo...
No comments:
Post a Comment