Monday, November 17, 2014

The big 3-0!

Hello Thirty!

I can hardly believe it myself, but I am now thirty years old and have entered, what I consider, the "grown up" decade. This birthday was a great one. Alan actually had the day off. My birthday fell on Columbus Day this year and his school district had that day be a Professional Day. However, Alan already did all his during the summer so we got to spend the whole day together as a family!

My first gift actually came from a good friend of mine who knows how to win me over. The one and only Megan K. dropped off the best gift I could ask for: Chips and a variety of salsas.

Jardines, in my opinion, is the best of these three
Alan let me sleep in while he made me breakfast, took care of the boys and cleaned the kitchen. And for those of you who may know Alan know that him and cleaning the kitchen do not always get along, so that was a huge gift! As a family we went to the outlets for some shopping then out to dinner with our good friends Jake and Jil H. to Texas Roadhouse where I got to sit on the saddle with both boys while everyone sang "Happy Birthday".

Derek was very excited so his face is blurry


To finish off the birthday festivities, my amazing sister Makana put together a Girl's Night Out (GNO). This was my first GNO outside of my Sister Dates we would have and it was a lot of fun. We went to Cyclone Anaya at City Centre. We got a table upstairs (it was actually the only table upstairs). It was like a balcony with one large round table. It was a lot of fun to get to spend time with just girls since I am constantly surrounded by boys (which I'm not complaining about because I love my boys, but sometimes a girl just needs her girl time).


Lastly, for those of you who really know me know that I do not like to wear make up (I don't like how it feels) and I don't really care about keeping up with fashion. However, Alan works at a Junior high and on more than one occasion I have been mistaken for a student. Not necessarily something bad, but I have decided for this next year (at least) I will do my best to look like I at least graduated from high school whenever I leave the house.



1 comment:

  1. happy late birthday!! I'm so glad you got spoiled!
    Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete

Fall 2019

As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...