In June we took our first plane ride (5 1/2 hours to California) for my sister's wedding. Alan was not able to come with me due to work, but my sister in law, Ashlee (Jon's wife) was able to fly with me and help me out with the boys. To my surprise they did very well. They didn't fuss too much and luckily we had amazing people sitting next to us who were willing to help us make bottles and hold the boys when needed. Once we landed in California I thought, "Now that the hard part is over (the flight) it'll be a piece of cake." Boy was I wrong. I had grown so accustomed to having Alan with me and help out during the night that I had no idea how much I took that for granted. At this point in time I had stopped tandem feeding, but there were times when they were both crying and neither one wanted to be patient enough for me to feed the other that I just had to pull out that Super Mom cape from who knows where and get the job done. I was fortunate enough to spend that week with my brother and his amazing wife, Becca, who helped me so much. The boys did well that week, but me... well, that's another story. That week I gained a new found appreciation for all those single mothers. I honestly do not know how you do it. Sunday, August 26, 2012
I praise all you single mothers
In June we took our first plane ride (5 1/2 hours to California) for my sister's wedding. Alan was not able to come with me due to work, but my sister in law, Ashlee (Jon's wife) was able to fly with me and help me out with the boys. To my surprise they did very well. They didn't fuss too much and luckily we had amazing people sitting next to us who were willing to help us make bottles and hold the boys when needed. Once we landed in California I thought, "Now that the hard part is over (the flight) it'll be a piece of cake." Boy was I wrong. I had grown so accustomed to having Alan with me and help out during the night that I had no idea how much I took that for granted. At this point in time I had stopped tandem feeding, but there were times when they were both crying and neither one wanted to be patient enough for me to feed the other that I just had to pull out that Super Mom cape from who knows where and get the job done. I was fortunate enough to spend that week with my brother and his amazing wife, Becca, who helped me so much. The boys did well that week, but me... well, that's another story. That week I gained a new found appreciation for all those single mothers. I honestly do not know how you do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fall 2019
As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...
-
As usual, the fall brings many changes as we begin a new school year. Derek and Keith started grade 2 and Charlie moved to the 3's class...
-
If you have been following this blog, then you know that yesterday was a bit rough for me. I ended up ordering pizza for dinner (in case any...
-
I have been a little hesitant in deciding whether or not to post this and finally decided to do it. I am going to be very open with yo...




No comments:
Post a Comment